Trinity Episcopal Church, Wilmington, Delaware was built in the 1880s. It is a traditional English Gothic structure that features beautiful stained glass windows. The exterior walls are made of rough, dressed Avondale stone, and the church has a high, steeped roof. The church’s tower and spire were added in 1925. Twelve bronze bells in the tower chime the hour.
The architecture of Corinth Reformed Church, Hickory, North Carolina is reminiscent of a fine European cathedral. The exterior of the building is of gray Georgia granite with Indiana limestone trim. The spire is of extruded and structural aluminum rising 164 ft. 6 in. from the terrace floor at the entrance. The belfry below the spire is built up of carved and molded limestone tracery, giving a lacy and ethereal feeling to the church tower. The main entrance is of limestone having carvings similar to those found on French Gothic churches.
Built between 1175 and 1490 Wells Cathedral has been described as “the most poetic of the English Cathedrals.” Set in the medieval heart of England’s smallest city – Wells, it is the earliest English Cathedral to be built in the Gothic style and has an international reputation.
St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle is a place of worship for The Queen and the Royal Family as well as a church serving the local community. Built by kings, shaped by the history of the Royal Family and still the location for both splendid Royal events.
The construction of the Chapel was begun in 1475 by Edward IV and completed by Henry VIII in 1528. The architecture represents one of the finest examples of ‘Perpendicular Gothic’ style in England.
One of the most recognized buildings in the world, the Palace of Westminster in London owes its stunning Gothic architecture to the 19th-century architect Sir Charles Barry. The design and layout of the building were carefully designed to serve the needs and workings of Parliament.
Duke University Chapel is a chapel located at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. Constructed from 1930 to 1932, the Chapel seats about 1,800 people and stands 210 feet tall, making it one of the tallest buildings in Durham County. It is built in the Collegiate Gothic style, characterized by its large stones, pointed arches, and ribbed vaults.