The glow of sunset at the harbor in New Bern, North Carolina
A dramatic sunset with clouds and boats in New Bern, North Carolina
Prior to the damage caused by Hurricane Florence, the sunset views from the Alfred Cunningham Drawbridge in New Bern, North Carolina were spectacular.
The Blades House, also known as the W.B. Blades House, is a historic house located in New Bern, North Carolina. Built in 1907 for lumber magnate William B. Blades, the home is among the state’s finest combinations of Queen Anne style with Colonial Revival details by prolific local architect Herbert Woodley Simpson. On January 14, 1972, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
Christ Episcopal Church and Parish House is a historic Episcopal church located in New Bern, North Carolina. It was built in 1871, incorporating the brick shell of the previous church built in 1824. It is a brick church building in a restrained Gothic Revival style.
Centenary United Methodist Church in New Bern, North Carolina has numerous colored glass and stained glass windows. In addition to the original glass which lines its library, sanctuary and chapel walls, newer stained glass panels are mounted in the narthex doors, showing a history of Centenary Church.
Centenary Methodist Church is a historic church located in New Bern, North Carolina. It was built in 1904-1905, and is an irregularly shaped, brick multiple-use church complex. The front facade includes an entrance five-bay arcade beneath a low conical roof flanked by square corner towers of unequal height.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972